Tuesday, November 14, 2006

CONGRATULATIONS

My high has just ended. My hit of electoral MDMA has faded (lasted longer than I thought!), and now I must comment.

Congratulations to Deval Patrick, the second black governor in the country, and the first Democratic governor of my great blue state of Massachusetts in over 16 years.

Congratulations to newly-elected senators Brown, Cardin, Klobuchar, Casey Jr., Tester, Whitehouse, McCaskill, and Webb.

Congratulations to the woman in the commercials in Tennessee, who may or may not have been responsible for Harold Ford, Jr.'s loss at the hands of senator Bob Corker. (Call me.)

Congratulations to the over two dozen newly-elected Democratic representatives, and the many newly-elected Democratic governors.

Congratulations to Nancy Pelosi, who it seems all but certain will be the first female, and first Italian-American, Speaker of the House. Madam Speaker, don't let us down.

Congratulations to Donald Rumsfeld on your long-awaited retirement.

Congratulations to Robert Gates on your new job. Don't fuck up.

And of course, Congratulations to all who worked towards this fantastic outcome. See you all in 2008. Stay sharp!

No comments: